Thursday, January 24, 2008

Work Environment






Often, work is what you can get and do whatever you have to do in order to make a living, to pay the bills. In some cultures work is often referred as servitude not as a creative and self-fulfilling activity. Obviously, humans have to satisfy their basic needs first--food, shelter, security--before we grapple with aesthetics.
I've been there, have done many jobs, from the most mundane--you know, when only a warm body with no brain is needed--to a very creative and elegant. I've worn many different professional caps over the years, but I want to focus on the immediate environment of the workplace.
A few years ago, I got a part-time job which now has turned into full-time, but one of its attractions was the working environment. I have no complaints about the work atmosphere [no job is ideal, but no major problems there for me], but the physical environment is a charm. I've taken a few pictures that I'd like to share here. I'll probably add a few more later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they hiring over there????

aqua said...

Εκπληκτικά τοπία
Πανέμορφες φωτογραφίες.
Είναι πολύ σημαντικό να εργάζεσαι σε όμορφο περιβάλλον και μεγάλη τύχη αν βρίσκεσαι και κοντα στην φυση.
Η δουλειά μου προκειται να μετακινηθει άμεσα 80kh έξω από την Αθηνα και θα πρεπει να κανω καθημερινα μια απόσταση 160kh
Ολοι οι συνάδελφοι γκρινιάζου ,μα εμένα στ'αλήθεια δεν με νοιάζει μιας και απ'το παραθυρο του γραφείου μου θα βλέπω δέντρα και βουνά και όχι τσιμέντα.

George said...

@ Aqua,

I too have to drive a bit but I don't mind. And, the fact that I can walk outside (even in this very cold weather) makes my day go better.

;)

Anonymous said...

Do you work in a farm?

George said...

I had to think about that for a few moments.... Yes, I work in a farm!

aqua said...

Χμ..
Εχεις δίκιο.
Ενα αγρόκτημα καλλιέργειας...
πνεύματος ! :))

George said...

@ Aqua,

Αγρόκτημα ειναι για καλλιεργειες! Πως το κατάλαβες?

Επειδή εχω εργασθει στο Μανχάταν (Νεα Υόρκη), ενα πράγμα που σίγουρα δεν μου λείπει ειναι ο θόρυβος των αυτοκινήτων, τα κορναρίσματα, κλπ.

Παραδέχομαι οτι μια πόλη εχει αλλα εδιαφέροντα τα οποία τα χρειάζομαι, αλλά η φύση πάντα πρέπει να βρίσκεται κοντα μου.

Καλό σαββατοκύριακο.

Anonymous said...

I hope you take advantage of the surrounding, more than just look outside your window.

There's something to be said about nature and the closer I am to it, the more at peace I am, even if I'm at work!

Nice pix