Monday, August 2, 2010

One Saturday in Late July 2010

Even though Liberty Island is near GI, the haze makes it hard to take a very clear shot from a distance. This is actually one of my better pictures from afar.

This past weekend the weather was perfect as we had a respite of the high humidity. Riding a bicycle in NYC was fun. First came Governor's Island. I hadn't explored the southernmost part because it wasn't accessible when I was there last time.  Great views of Brooklyn, Liberty Island, New Jersey, and the NY harbor.

There are many sculptures and other modern design stuff, like these artistic bungalows all over GI now.
On the western edge of GI looking north into the financial district.
Looking SW on GI
There was a Black & White concert later in the day. I didn't know what B&W was... I guess it's a genre. Not everyone arrived dressed like these persons but they did wear black and white. The music flavor was House/Techno. Not bad if you're into this stuff.
Yeah, it is what you see. Open to the public to try it out!
Above, by Wall Street. Lots of pubs and restaurants on this old, stone-paved alley, are trying European style al fresco!  Below, Shakespeare in the Park, literally. Professional actors perform outside, moving around followed by the audience! (Pictures were not allowed, but I snapped a couple. After all, it was a public space). I think they rotate using city venues. This one at Battery Park/Clinton Castle, and the play was Much Ado About Nothing. Very interesting experience.

Much Ado About Nothing at Battery Park, NYC.


I like this picture even though there's "noise" in it.  Very high ISO in low light. I was playing with the camera. Not every picture has to be perfect as long as it captures what I want.
At one point, the theater troupe performed with this background--the Goldman Sacks tower across the river in NJ during sunset! [They were watching me so I couldn't take a picture of the actors at this point]
At Pier 17, Fulton Market. These views of the 3 bridges (looking north) the wharf with the financial district behind it, and looking south into the NY harbor at night.


PS> In order for the page to load faster on slower connections, the pictures are medium-sized. However, if you click on them, they open up much bigger.

No comments: