Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ah, the Benefits of Work

One aspect of my work is called "service" and it's part of how we're evaluated, we're told. Basically, it's volunteering to serve on committees, attend events, and be helpful all around. I have been doing quite a bit of this, maybe too much.
From a technical point, it's not easy to take pictures on a moving boat at night. Distant subjects in low light conditions require longer exposures and the images aren't crisp. I took lots of pictures, most of them I already deleted because they were very blurry.

But, sometimes this kind of "work" can be fun. The other day, I was a judge at a lip-singing event during new student orientation. I've also been on a couple boat cruises. These are the pictures from the latest one, when most of my peers chickened out since the weather forecast included thunderstorms. But, there was a beautiful night with the lightning in the distance. We missed the downpour too.

No comments: