Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Outings in NY

A pace for spiritual experiences
We've had a glorious weekend in the northeast and I took advantage of the great weather. These are some of the views I enjoyed.


I'm afraid to disclose this location even if it's way to the north of NYC, because I think the secret about this jewel is getting out and already there are too many people visiting...





I took these two pictures at dusk while driving around Mohonk Lake, NY.

And these are from the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Fifth Avenue.





Whenever the roof is open I go up there even for a few minutes. Usually they have something going on besides the martinis... These pieces are by Jeff Koons. He likes kitch.


An interior balcony from Medieval times. I'm not a big fan of that period's art. Usually it's too much religion, too drab, too uninspiring. There are exceptions obviously...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I confess I designed the little arched trail bridge in your photo above. A couple of guys who work for me built it. It doesn't really have a purpose except to look pretty and be fun to walk across. But someday it will be an important part of the new park master plan.

Sal Cuciti, Architect

George said...

Wow, this great. I've walked over it many times and biked even more underneath it.

It was recently restored.

Purpose? Being there is enough. Though I have to tell you, I've seen many people making a deliberate attempt to go over it.

Thanks for the visit.